A survey reveals that tooth and gum diseases are among the most common causes of morbidity in Australia. Most of the people don’t heed the importance of oral hygiene. They rush to the Parramatta dental clinic once the severity of the dental-related pain or ailments increases. Even though the emergency dentist Parramatta helps you get rid of your dental pain or dental diseases, dentists advise following a proper dental care routine at your home. So this blog is all about the tips to adhere for a healthy smile.
Floss Regularly and Properly
Dentist Parramatta instructs the patients to floss once a day. Flossing removes the plaque formed and the food particles that are either between your teeth or in the place where your toothbrush can’t reach. Flossing is a cost-effective method if ignored the plaque converts into hardened tartar, which can be eliminated only by the Dentist Parramatta. The following are the steps involved in proper flossing,
- Take 18-inch strip of floss and wind it in your middle finger, leaving 1 inch for flossing.
- Place the floss between your teeth with the index finger.
- Floss your upper teeth first, then the lower teeth and lastly the teeth that are behind.
- Keep the floss in C-shape while flossing your teeth in the up and down directions.
- Don’t push too hard the floss, as it may injure your gums.
- Finally, rinse your mouth with a mouth-wash.
After flossing, go for brushing. Even though flossing will be painful at first, on regular practice, you could feel the difference in your mouth.
How to Brush Your Teeth the Right Way?
The second thing to do for better oral hygiene is brushing your teeth properly. Cleaning your teeth every day makes you feel fresh and prevents most of the periodontal maladies. Let’s see the steps involved in brushing your teeth in a right way.
- Proper toothbrush selection.
- Start with the upper molars in a clockwise direction.
- Sweep the surface of your teeth by rolling your brush.
- Once outer surface of your teeth move to the inner surface of your teeth.
- Brush the back surface of your upper front teeth.
- Cleanse the back of your lower front teeth.
- Clean the biting surfaces in circular motion.
- In circular motion brush the tongue, the roof of your mouth and your cheeks.
- Finally, rinse your mouth either with mouthwash or water.
So take your own time to brush your teeth for healthy dental care.
Ways to Keep Your Teeth Healthy
Achieving healthy teeth is a vital job. And maintaining the healthy teeth requires lifetime care. So the following are the rules to go by for permanent healthy teeth.
- Brush twice a day, i.e., after you wake-up and before going to bed at night.
- Floss and brush properly. Adhere to the steps for brushing.
- Used fluoride-rich toothpaste.
- Use antiseptic mouthwash.
- Take in plenty of water.
- Add crunchy fruits and veggies in your diet.
- Avoid acidic and sugary beverages.
- Have regular dental check-ups.
Thus maintain a good oral hygiene to prevent dental related diseases.